In October 2019, UCC was awarded funding from the National Forum for Teaching and Learning to deliver a project under the Forum’s “Teaching and Learning Enhancement Within and Across Disciplines” programme. The project seeks to support the professional development of UCC staff by enhancing teaching and learning both within (SDGs of relevance to the discipline) and across (cross-cutting competencies and skills) disciplines. Specifically, the initiative objective is to develop training resources for teaching staff including workshops and an online toolkit.
This project will undertake:
- Desk-based research into global best-practice
- Focus group sessions with students and staff to co-produce desired learning outcomes
- Open Sessions highlighting best practice internally and promoting learning across disciplines
- Developing an online toolkit on SDGs, Universities and Learning outcomes
- Curriculum design for sustainable development
It is expected that the toolkit will be an open resource for all UCC teaching staff, promoted by CITRL through staff training, as well as the sustainability office. The ultimate outcome will be better coverage, measurement and assessment of the integration of SDGs within the UCC Curriculum.
The project officially commenced in March 2020 and will conclude in May 2021. Stay tuned to this website for more updates!